Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, cell phones and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Recording of any kind is prohibited inside the office. This is for the safety of the patients and staff. Recording of patients recovering from surgery is a distraction from the verbal instructions we provide and feel necessary to care for family/friends.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Kim prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Don’t Delay Oral Surgery Any Longer!
If you’re experiencing problems with your mouth, jaws, or face, Dr. Kim can treat you with expertise and care. Contact us to learn more.